Aksa Homes is an innovative and locally based organisation which has the majority of its stock within Oldham. We have built a reputation as an innovator; an organisation with a 'can do' philosophy; one that is not afraid to take a fresh look and try new ideas to meet the challenge of housing and community regeneration.
We have a series of strongly held values that are at the core of everything we do, and influence our work. These differentiate us from our competitors and include:
• An emphasis and commitment to working closely with partners.. We get to know each other well, and cooperate in a range of different activities from neighbourhood management to tackling anti-social behaviour;
• We are an outward focussed organisation that has meeting the needs of local residents at its heart. We know the issues that are crucial to our communities – the poor condition of much of the private sector housing stock, the need for more high value housing and tackling segregated communities for example – and will work to tackle these. Working in the community we are acutely aware that local people’s issues are our issues.
• Our commitment to meeting the wider needs of communities is important to us. We have an Into Work Strategy which aims to ensure that local residents have access to a range of services which enable them to become economically active;
• We will support residents. We specialise in tailored support programmes for emerging communities and more established communities enabling independence for vulnerable residents;
• We employ creative and innovative methods of communication, engagement and awareness raising and have an excellent track record in delivering consultation events. Our local focus means that we can access those areas which other organisations term ‘hard to reach’;
• In an increasingly complex and changing environment Aksa believes a collaborative approach that embraces all stakeholders is central to creating lasting communities. To this end we employ new technologies, media and design, creating innovative strategies mobilising issues and ideas to achieve lasting change.